Analog a.k.a. POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service)
Metropark will very rarely recommend Analog or POTS services. The FCC has allowed the start of TDM and POTS type services to start sunsetting in 2017. Much like the way only analog TV services disappeared, so will your old TDM and POTS services. The good news is that you will be able to gain more services by going digital, eventhough some may love their plain old telephone service, its just too costly to keep it going in most populated areas.
When we see Analog service today, its when a customer's requirement is a need for high speed modem/fax, analog credit card machines, alarms, or emergency phones, all of which have IP or LTE replacements. We can provide a simulated Analog via our PBX in the Cloud / Analog Terminal Adapter (ATA).
- Telephone line powered, no external power source needed
- Bi-directional, or full duplex , voice path with limited frequency range of 300 to 3400 Hz: in other words, a signal to carry the sound of the human voice both ways at once
- Call-progress tones , such as dial tone and ringing signal
- Standards compliant analog telephone interface
- Digital channel via modem
- Digital channel via fax