What is 5G Evolution?
5G Evolution is AT&T’s first step on the road to 5G.
There’re starting by enabling faster speeds on it’s existing LTE network
—up to 2x faster than standard LTE (4G).
2x Faster: Based on AT&T standard 4G LTE v. 5G Evolution avg download speeds. Avail. in select areas only with capable device.
How is the network evolving?
AT&T is adding technologies to their current network:
– Carrier aggregation adds more “lanes” to the highway that data travels on.
– 4×4 MIMO doubles the number of antennas that can send data back and forth.
– 256 QAM makes data transmission more efficient.
AT&T is also upgrading it’s network by:
– Increasing capacity and coverage on their network. This provides more support for data usage.
– Adding fiber to the network, which allows for higher peak speeds.
– Enhancing the core network to support lower network latency. Now the network can respond even more quickly to what you do.
– Adding new tower equipment that they can upgrade through software.
It all adds up to faster speeds for you.
Where is 5G Evolution available?
5G Evolution is now live in over 550 markets. Many of our most popular smartphones are displaying a “5G E” indicator to let you know when you’re in an area where 5G Evolution is available.
Ask your Metropark Mobility Representative for Smartphone 5G availability.
Phone: (314) 439-1900 #2
Resources: Mobility @ Metropark