Android Backup Service
Using the BACKUP Service
You can use Android Backup Service to back up data connected to one or more of your Google accounts. If you had to replace your device or erase its data, you can restore your data using any account that you backed up.
- Open your device's Settings menu .
- Under "Personal," touch Backup & reset.
- Check the box next to "Back up my data."
- If you have more than one Google Account on your device: Touch Backup account and choose the one you want to set as your backup account.
If you don't already have a backup account on your device, touch Backup account to add one.
RESTORE your data and settings
You can use Android Backup Service to restore your data on a new device and restore app settings after you've backed up your data to your Google account. You can choose to restore app settings when you reinstall an app on your device. This feature requires that you have already backed up your data with your Google account and that the app also uses the backup service. Some apps may not back up and restore all data.
- Open your device's Settings menu.
- Under "Personal," touch Backup & restore.
- Check the box next to "Automatic restore